***4 Stars***
Talk about an emotional minefield.
I’m still trying to catch my breath, but whoa...y’all best be ready to dig in because if it’s not one thing, it’s another…
But before I get too lost in all that, lets get on to Archer and Kian.
I really liked both of them. While they may seem like opposites ~ one is grumpy and stand-offish while the other is bright and outspoken ~ they actually wind up being really similar in just how genuine and generous their hearts are when it comes to those they call their own. Their journey to their HEA was a rocky one...when it was good it was GOOD when it wasn’t...well, it wasn’t. But they had that spark, that thing between them that had me believing that if they could work through all that was going on with them, then they’d make it out all kinds of happy on the other side.
This is my first read by the author and while it was emotionally exhausting at times, and there were a couple of things I wish we’d gotten a little more on, it was a great read. There are triggers, and they are intense, but I do believe they were necessary for Archer and Kian’s growth as individuals and a couple. Cato is still my fav of the BFB crew, but I loved getting to know Jarrett and Fernando a lot better and I’m looking forward to where the authors take us in this series.
Note: You can read this book as a stand-alone, but I’m happy I did read Sheriff’s Secret first because it gave a great introduction to the town itself as well as some background on a couple situations that play a part in this story.
~ Copy provided by Grey’s Promotions & voluntarily reviewed ~
Comments
Post a Comment