Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Sancte Diaboli: Part 1 (The Elite Kings #6) by Amo Jones ~**~


***5 ‘Too Rare For Earth, Too Doomed For Heaven’ Stars***

I, like practically every fan of the series has been DYING for Bran Bran’s story.

To find out what is truly going on that head of his and to find out just who could create a sliver of light in the dark heart that resides in his chest.

And let me tell you, Ms. Jones did NOT disappoint.

This baby has all the chaotic, crazy, fucked up goodness that we’ve come to expect and love from Kings and more...So. Much. More that I’m wishing that part two was already on the Kindle.

But since it’s not...at least not yet...so until then…

Brantley and Saint or as they will probably come to be known ‘Saintley’

To say Bran is complex is the fucking understatement of the decade ~ and considering how crazy its been lately, that’s saying a lot. But with in the dark recesses of not only his heart (which may be black) and his soul (which he may not believe he has anymore) his loyalty runs deep. Saint was fascinating and I honestly adored the girl (Tillie is still my ride or die, but Saint is now second). There is a strength inside her that comes out in the most subtle of ways and I loved how she took in everything that was thrown at her in a very short amount of time.

As for Bran and Saint together. They fit. And, yes, part of that has to do with their very interesting living arrangement, but also not. They have a flow that was undeniable, even if one half of the equation didn’t want to acknowledge it. But while they have lived together for most of their lives, they don’t KNOW each other and I loved watching them both get a little wrecked over certain revelations.

“I have been put on this earth to torment Bran Bran. He will be fine.”

And then there is spending time with the King’s and those they allow into their world. I’ve already said it, but I’ll say it again. I freakin’ ADORE Tille. She’s still my fav and I love watching her mess with Bran Bran. But getting to see how tight Bishop, Nate, Bran and Eli are and how they mess with each other because they can, was all kinds of goodness. And I know many are going to ask about Madship...well, you’ll see…

Things get real interesting in this book and considering we are talking about the King’s it’s saying a lot. There are triggers ~ not a surprise since a Vitiosis is front and center and he has certain dark...proclivities. And as for that ending? This is a duet so a cliffy was expected but that was a true “WTF?!?!” and as I stated earlier ~ I NEED Part 2 NOW….but as that will not be happening, I shall practice patience...at least to the best of my ability.

Note: This book cannot be read as a stand-alone. Maybe you could start here...the author has done a pretty damn good job at reminding us of the important things that have happened in the series so far. BUT so much has happened and everything is connected so...stop. Don’t pass Go. Go and grab The Silver Swan first and I promise you, you will be happy that you did.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~


The Devil comes with baggage, and not the kind you can lose. I was two years old when he saved me. I didn’t understand much at that age, but I remember the pale boy with hair as dark as ink, saving me from two evils. He said he would protect me; I just didn’t know he meant from himself. I was raised in the arms of evil, tailored for the Devil like a custom Armani suit, and every day he wore it like a weapon. Brantley thought by keeping me locked in his manor that it would protect me, and it did.

Until it didn’t.

As I slowly adapt to The Elite Kings Club and the dark, sinister world that exists around the outlaws in suits, I come to learn that the monster everyone fears is the very same one I crave.

Like a prized trophy, I sit on his throne…

Something quite pretty, an object he owns…

She’s a porcelain doll, so shiny, so clean…

Something I want to polish, but to never be seen…

The time has come, I am in his world…

Now his Dea, can be admired by all…

The thing with porcelain is it’s fragile and delicate…

It would only take a second for me to eradicate it… 

Release Date: February 9th, 2021

Goodreads | Amazon US * AU * UK | B&N | Kobo | iBooks 

Amo Jones is a small country girl totally winging this author thing (she's probably doing it all wrong). She likes cake, loves wine, and her religion is magic. She's a profound work-a-holic, but when she's not writing, you can find her chilling with her kids & partner at the nearest beach, with a cocktail in her hand. 

New Zealand is not a state of Australia and rugby is the best sport ever played. 

Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Instagram

Comments