Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: We’re All Mad Here (Carnaval de La Mort #3) by Dee Garcia ~**~


***5 ‘Re-Associated’ Stars***

When I read a tease of this book, I immediately made grabby hands at it.

When the author stated that classifying this book was a bit difficult since it could be looked at as a dark romance, but not really since there is no HEA...I was intrigued.

After basically devouring it, I call it absolutely fascinating!

There are dark elements in it and there romance elements in it, but it’s not really either...it’s a bit of everything and it all surrounds the very compelling Vayla and the crazy, beautiful chaos of her mind.

I loved Vayla. There is a quiet kind of strength to her and an acceptance of all the pieces that are apart of her and how they make her whole, but also break her apart in equal measure. How she flows with it all fascinated me in every way and despite knowing that there was no HEA, I was still crossing my toes that there could be a way because she deserved one.

This is a quick read, think novella length, but it totally packs a punch. The amount of knowledge you get about Vayla and all that she’s been through and going through was a lot, but it never felt like overwhelmed ~ well, it was hard not to be overwhelmed because of the various personalities, but it was easy to roll with. There are triggers, some intense ones, so reader beware, but all in all, this was a great read...even with no HEA.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~ 

Crazy. Psycho. Freak.

Those are just a few of the words people have used to label me my whole life.

I don’t understand society's obsession with having to label everything and everyone, but alas, such is life. Not like it isn’t true; I am crazy, a product of two screw ups who made sure I turned out as messed up as they are.

What they weren’t expecting is how much worse I’d be.

Once I became too much for them to handle, they threw me to the wolves without a second thought.

It was then I found Carnaval de la Mort.

They became my family, aiding me and all of my personalities in a way no one had dared to before. They loved me and accepted me for me, even the ones who claimed not to have a heart.

Brooks wasn’t part of the show, but after the first night I saw him in the audience during one of my salacious, death-defying acts, I began seeing him show up more and more. Each time he tried to get closer, tried worming his way into my calloused heart, and each time I warned him a crazy broad like me doesn’t fall in love.

Pity he couldn’t listen.

He was much too pretty to die.

Release Date: March  17th, 2021

Goodreads | Amazon 

Self-published dark romance author Dee Garcia was born and raised in Miami, Florida. A voracious fan of romance novels and long time lover of the written word, her mission is to craft unique, compelling, and deliciously dark stories that will give her readers a thrilling escape from the monotony of everyday reality. With fierce, headstrong heroines and sinful, possessive Alpha males weaved into her rousing tales, Dee hopes to leave her mark on the Indie world, one decadent plot twist at a time.

Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram | Pintrest | BookBub

Comments