Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Lies That Sinners Tell (The Klutch Duet #1) by Anne Malcom ~**~


***5 ‘Obsessive & Dangerous’ Stars***

I’m still digesting this book because it’s kind of done my head in ~ in a good way ~ but still. 

Things are bouncing around in there and making me feel liking I’m in a live action (albeit in my head) game of Frogger because it’s like I get settled on a feeling, an idea, a state of being and then out of nowhere I’m hit by a Mack truck and feel like I have to re-evaluate whatever I’d decided upon and yet..not really...so yeah. It’s a bit of a clusterfuck up there right now.

But...as this is a duet, I don’t have to over analyze a damn thing yet and can still do a vague, stream of consciousness type thing until I get to devour the second book…

Jay and Stella. I’m not all too sure how much I like them...yet. I do like them. I may love them (eventually) but I can say with certainty that I am fascinated by them. They both have walls. They both want to appear a certain way to those in their lives ~ no matter how deep or shallow that connection is. And they are both damaged. But they both also feel HARD. They manifest the feels differently and sometimes against their will. But they also work. There is, on the surface a huge power imbalance, but then again, the surface is just that. Their journey, so far, has been interesting and has me wondering if it is, in fact, disfunctional or the most functional relationship in existence...I don’t have a solid answer on that one but will (hopefully) once the second book is on the Kindle…

Outside of Jay and Stella, I must say that I adore Stella’s ‘girl pack’. They are what a girl pack should be. Loyal, crazy and more than willing to throw down for each other no matter what. And then there is Karson...mmmm...yeah. Me likey! 

Now to practice patience and see just how much karma and fate will fuck with Jay and Stella before they find their own unique HEA.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

Darkness asked her to dance.

It started with a cold stare.

An arrangement.

A deal with a devil in a bespoke suit.

He was wicked. Cruel. No sane person would fall in love with him.

But sanity abandoned her the second she agreed to be his.

She chose to take his hand.

It started with a white dress.

With ocean eyes.

With a woman that he had to have, even though he had no business touching her porcelain skin.

She was never meant to enter his world. He dragged her in anyway.

It was meant to be about his twisted, selfish desire.

She gave him a glimpse of the man he could’ve been had the world not turned him into a monster.

He led her into the abyss.

There, in the darkness, she learned wicked things.

He knew he’d ruin her life loving her. So he’d lie. Like the sinner he was. He’d break her gentle, precious heart.

Like only a devil could.

But the dance had to end.


Release Date: April 29th, 2021

Goodreads | Amazon 

Anne Malcom  has been an avid reader since before she can remember, her mother responsible for her book addiction. It started with magical journeys into the world of Hogwarts and Middle Earth. As she grew up, her reading tastes grew with her. Her obsession with books and romance novels in particular, gave Anne the opportunity to find another passion, writing. Finding writing about alpha males and happily ever afters more fun than reading about them, Anne is not about to stop any time soon.

Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram

Comments