***4 Stars***
When I read the blurb, it didn’t click.
What’s the “it” I’m talking about?
The “IT” is that I had met Addy and Logan before.
So, I do a little search in my Gdocs and lo and behold…I found them in the Wild in the Windy City Volume #3: New Year’s Eve Edition Anthology which was released in 2019 and then I had to chuckle at my mini review...
“~ Review is for Celebrity Dirt by J.D. Hollyfield ~***4 Stars***
There may have only been two chapters in here, but they definitely packed a punch. I can already tell that I’ll be #teamlogan for most of the book, though this isn’t to say that I won’t be giving Addy love, because she definitely deserves it, but this woman is definitely going to try me, but I can’t wait to see how what she is about to go through changes her. “
And yes after finishing Addy and Logan’s entire book I am still #TeamLogan and Addy definitely tried me...good lord did the girl try me. I’m still recovering from typhoon Addy.
But now that I got their whole HEA, I do have to say that it was an enjoyable one. Crazy. A bit OTT at times, but enjoyable. Logan and is a bit grumpy, broody and alpha as all get out, but he comes by it honestly and I loved his protective nature. Addy. To be fair, I loved her tenacity...she definitely doesn’t know when to give up, but WOW those blinders she had on were thick and I will admit that I part of the reason I kept turning the pages was to see those blinders take off...and funny thing. I actually liked being in her head, but I wanted to grab some duct tape and slap it across her mouth.
As for their journey...crazy. Smexy as all get out, but crazy and in that crazy they actually balanced each other out and I honestly believe that they found their person and I love how it all turned out for them.
This was a crazy ride...and in all honesty that crazy was all Addy. But the whole mob thing going on definitely added some suspense and a dark kind of crazy that I liked and kept me turning the pages. So, if you’re up for a little OTT crazy in your life, then this book will be right up your alley.
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
Since day one, working as a gossip columnist at Celebrity dirt, Chicago’s trendiest tabloid magazine, has been cutthroat. Now, after three long years of chasing that big break, it’s finally my turn.
It’s simple:
Steal an invite, pretend to be somebody else, get the dirt, make a name for myself.
Sounds easy, right?
That’s until I realized that somebody else is the same person who has a target on their back by Chicago’s most notorious mob boss.
But he’s not my biggest problem. No, my biggest problem would be the mob boss’s broody, sexy right-hand man with a serious chip on his shoulder who tells me the only way to survive is to trust and do what he says…
Now, I have to figure out how to play by his rules while getting the story and somehow not end up six feet under—or worse, under him.
Release Date: May 13th, 2021
J.D. Hollyfield is a creative designer by day and superhero by night. When she’s not cooking, event planning, or spending time with her family, she’s relaxing with her nose stuck in a book. With her love for romance, and her head full of book boyfriends, she was inspired to test her creative abilities and bring her own stories to life. Living in the Midwest, she’s currently at work on blowing the minds of readers, with the additions of her new books and series, along with her charm, humor and HEA’s.
J.D. Hollyfield dapples in all genres, from romantic comedy, contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, fantasy and erotica! Want to know more! Follow her on all platforms!
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Goodreads | Amazon Author Page | BookBub






Comments
Post a Comment