Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Truths That Saints Believe (The Klutch Duet #2) by Anne Malcom ~**~


***5 ‘I’ll Serve an Eternity in Hell for One Lifetime with You’ Stars***

Intense

In every fucking way, this book was intense.

And I don’t say that lightly or flippantly because that really is the only way to describe the not only the journey that Stella and Jay went on but, but all that happened around them. 

Simply. Intense.

Jay and Stella’s journey was definitely not the wine and roses kind, but in many ways it was way better and a hell of a lot more honest. I had said in my review of the first book that I didn’t know if their relationship was the most functional or dysfunctional one I’d ever encountered, but now I can say that it was the most functional. It was one that was brutal, dark and painful in its honesty, but one that took all of that and made them both stronger as a couple and as individuals, even when their vulnerabilities were laid bare. And when everything was said and done, I couldn’t have been happier for them.

I have to say I wasn’t prepared for ALL that this book threw down, because whoa. I laughed, I cried (yes, I shed tears), I want to grab a two by four and find a way to knock some sense into the characters when they frustrated the hell out of me and I wanted to give out all the hugs. It has given me a true hangover. But it has also left me with some great characters that have me crossing my toes that we’ll see more of one day. Zoe, Wren, Yasmin, Karson and even Joseph were simply amazing and I need more of them all.

So, buckle up because you’re about to be wrecked in the best of ways!

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

The dance is over.

The battle begins.

Broken hearts never heal quite right. Especially when they’ve been ripped to pieces, torn to shreds. She wasn’t supposed to fall in love with him. She’d promised she wouldn’t. Stella had known the rules when this began.

I will never love you.

He lied, because his world had been nothing but pain and hatred. Because he was a powerful man and love left you weak and defenceless. He had loved her. The dark, ugly twisted parts of him had loved her. His love was torture. It was addictive. It was oxygen.

But it wasn’t enough.

His life has been war. But he’d never fought for anyone. Until her.

He knew that he was cursing her. Sentencing her to a life that she didn’t deserve. That would ruin her. But he had no other choice. He’d fought to be a good man, to let her live without him. But he couldn’t live without her. No more than he could inhale without oxygen.

*He would fight for her. To get her back. Till death. *

He wasn’t a good man.

He was the villain.

One who needed her. That would stop at nothing to get her back.

He would prove to her that even his wretched villainous heart could love her.

Release Date: May 13th, 2021

Goodreads | Amazon


Lies That Sinners Tell (The Klutch Duet #1)


Release Date: April 29th, 2021

Goodreads | Amazon 

My Review

Anne Malcom  has been an avid reader since before she can remember, her mother responsible for her book addiction. It started with magical journeys into the world of Hogwarts and Middle Earth. As she grew up, her reading tastes grew with her. Her obsession with books and romance novels in particular, gave Anne the opportunity to find another passion, writing. Finding writing about alpha males and happily ever afters more fun than reading about them, Anne is not about to stop any time soon.

Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram

Comments