Audio Review
***5 Stars***
Narrators: Johanna Fairview & Aiden Snow
Listening Speed: 1.25x
I love audiobooks.
Especially when they are books I’ve already read and loved.
But.
As much as I love them, I’m very picky when it comes to the narrator, or narrators, because if my ear doesn’t like the cadence or tone of their voice and how it brings the other characters to life, well, it can ruin the story for me.
On the flip side, the right voice can elevate my enjoyment of the book and Johanna Fairview & Aiden Snow totally elevated Wolf Gone Wild for me. I’ve listened to Aiden Snow read before and already loved his voice, but what really got me was how he was able to keep Mateo and Alpha separate but connected all at the same time. I had many laugh out loud moments when it was just the two of them going at it. Johanna Fairview is a new to me narrator and I loved how she brought Evie and the joy she has for the things she is truly passionate about to life. And as for altering their voices when it came of the many unique characters that populate the Stay A Spell world, I thought they did a great job at giving each character a personality of their own.
I’m not going to re-review the story, the review for that is below, so no need to re-do it. As for listening speed. I did start off listening to this audiobook at 1x, which is not my normal listening speed nowadays, and while I liked the performance, it wasn’t hooking me. So I sped it up a bit to my norm and it clicked and I loved getting lost in the story and cannot wait to get my hands on the next audiobook in the series!
~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~
eBook Review
***4 Stars***
This was a great start to a new series! It has everything I love about this authors writing from the great world building to bringing to life unique characters I really want to get to know a whole lot better. It was a quick, smexy, a little quirky and fun read that kept me turning the pages until the very end.
Evie was a blast. This girl is sweet, sassy and quirky, but owns every bit of it. I loved her confidence and just how much she loved everything she did. Mateo is a sweetheart. I know, not the first word you’d associate with a werewolf, but he is. He’s charming, has a good heart and is simply a good man...and then there is his Wolf. He is definitely a unique character that brings that alpha AF protectiveness to the forefront, along with no edit button whatsoever.
Mateo and Evie’s journey to their HEA is all kinds of slow burn opposites attract goodness. I really enjoyed watching as they got to know each other and work really hard to deny their oh, so obvious attraction to each other. Their bantering was fun, the chemistry was hot and I loved how they accepted each other’s quirks and simply enjoyed who the other was. The angsty/drama between them is low, which I liked, and though there were a few bumps in their road, I loved how everything worked itself out in the end.
I’m a fan girl of the authors, have been for a while now, and I thoroughly enjoyed this lighter, more humorous side of her writing. The world is vibrant and really has me wanting to visit NOLA ~ and Louisiana in general ~ sooner rather than later ~ especially the Abita Brewery (I got real thirsty for one and had none on hand) and she has brought to life a whole slew of characters I NEED to get to know better. I don’t have an absolute favorite at the moment, but, crazy as it seems, the ones I’m most intrigued by are Clara and Violet ~ trust me when you meet them you’ll totally understand. So, bring on the rest of the series or as they say in the Big Easy laissez les bon temps rouler!
What's the worst thing that can happen to a werewolf? Unable to shift for three months, Mateo Cruz knows all too well. His wolf has taken up residence in his head, taunting him night and day with vividly violent and carnal thoughts. Convinced he's cursed, he needs the help of a powerful witch before he literally goes insane.
Evie Savoie has always obeyed the house rules of her coven--no werewolves. They're known for being moody and volatile. So, when a distempered, dangerous werewolf strolls into the bar and almost strangles one of her late-night customers, she's ready to bounce him through the door. But the desperation in his eyes when he begs her to help him softens her heart and convinces her to bend the rules.
What Evie doesn't know is that Mateo's wolf has a mind of his own. And now that she's in his sights, he wants only one thing. Her.
Book Release Date: January 14th, 2020
Audiobook Release Date: May 18th, 2021
Goodreads | Amazon (KU) | Paperback | Audible
JULIETTE is a multi-published author of paranormal and fantasy romance & the co-host of the podcast, Smart Women Read Romance. She is represented by Rachel Brooks at BookEnds Literary Agency. She is a native of Louisiana, living in the heart of Cajun land with her husband, four kids, black lab named Kona, and kitty, Betty. When she isn’t working on her next project, she enjoys binge-watching her favorite shows with her husband and a glass (or two) of red wine.






Comments
Post a Comment