Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Hunt of the Dragon (Vale of Stars #4) by Juliette Cross ~**~


***5 Stars***

While I’m sad that this is the last book of the series, I gotta say, this baby went out big. It pushed all the right buttons for me in every way possible and gave me everything I wanted and more.

I adored Krissa and Bowen. Krissa is adventurous, but not impetuous. She is all kinds of sweet and sassy, but has a good head on her shoulders. Bowen is even keel, for the most part, and leans towards doing the right thing, even when his emotions are riding him hard. Their journey to their HEA was a fun, low on the angst one, which I personally liked because of all that was going on with the Larkosian’s ~ that was more than enough drama for me. But while things did happen quickly between, it didn’t feel like anything was rushed. They got to know each other not only through conversations, but actions and they the kind of flow that made them work for me and in the end, I loved how everything worked out for them.

As I said at the start, I’m sad that this is the last book in the series BUT I am crossing my toes that this won’t be the last time we get to visit the Morgon world because there are still so many characters that I need more of, so toes crossed there. But if it is the last, I loved how everything played out. I got to spend time with so many favs Kol (Le sigh *BSEG*) & Moira, The Nightwings and their women, Demetrius and Shakara make an appearance and Conn and Vella ~ Conn cracked me, and then there is Bastian...I mean the list goes on and on. And then there is Mykah and Grandma Rita and Julian...the list is a long one. But, yeah. If this is the last, it was a great one!

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~


Photojournalist Krissa Nadeem ventures into the wilderness to record the destruction of the Larkosian army. When she captures on film the Morgon Guard’s top most wanted enemy in hiding, she sets in motion a journey that will change her life forever. Not just because of the secret she uncovers, but also because of the man who will become her protector. And more.  

Bowen Huntergild, stealthy and deadly assassin, is at the head of the task force searching for the Bloodback witch who killed his sister in a blood sacrifice. When Krissa turns in her finding on film, he teams with her to discover the witch's hideout in the wilds beyond Drakos. While he focuses on the job, his dragon stirs, warning him that destiny has more intimate plans.  

As they venture farther into enemy territory, their partnership moves well beyond professional, taking them on a path neither could’ve imagined.  

What neither of them realize is that this one photograph could be the salvation or the doom of them all.


Release Date: June 7th, 2021

Goodreads | Amazon 


Dragon Heartstring (Vale of Stars #0.5)

Release Date: October 15th, 2018

Goodreads | Amazon 

My Review

Waking the Dragon (Vale of Stars #1)

Release Date: October 22nd, 2018

Goodreads | Amazon

My Review

Dragon in the Blood (Vale of Stars #2)

Release Date: October 29th, 2018

Goodreads | Amazon

My Review

Dragon Fire (Vale of Stars #3)

Release Date: April 30th, 2019

Goodreads | Amazon

My Review

Soulfire (Nightwing #1)

Release Date: September 10th, 2018

Goodreads | Amazon 

My Review

 Windburn (Nightwing #2)
Release Date: September 24th, 2018

Goodreads | Amazon

My Review

Nightbloom (Nightwing #3)

Release Date: October 1st, 2018

Goodreads | Amazon 

My Review

Juliette lives in lush, moss-laden Louisiana where she lives with her husband, four kids, and black lab, Kona.

Multi-published author of paranormal and urban fantasy romance, she loves reading and writing brooding characters, mysterious settings, persevering heroines, and dark, sexy heroes.

From the moment she read JANE EYRE as a teenager, she fell in love with the Gothic romance. Even then, she not only longed to read more novels set in Gothic worlds, she wanted to create her own.

Comments