Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Seducing the Billionaire by Allie Winters ~**~


***4 Stars***

I figured this book would take me on a ride after reading the blurb, but I wasn’t expecting all that went down within the first few chapters. I mean, talk about some “WTF?!?” things getting thrown right away. So, I buckled up and I gotta say that I really enjoyed watching as Conner and Emma stumbled their way to their HEA, even if it did give me a bit of anxiety and the need to grab a 2x4 and connect it with a certain character's head.

Connor and Emma. I gotta say, from the start, I truly felt bad for both of them and the situations they are shoved into. But, I really liked their determination to make things work because they are truly good people down to their very DNA ~ despite their parentage. Now, in Emma’s situation, her making things “work” aren’t necessarily on the up and up, but she has good reasons for it and I really liked how she found herself through it all.

As for their journey to their HEA. It was awkward, sweet, smexy and despite all that was hanging over their heads, I really liked Connor and Emma together. They had a flow I really liked, their bantering was a lot of fun ~ even when it was awkward ~ and I just liked watching as they got closer. Now the big wrench thrown into their journey was no surprise, but boy was it intense when everything came to light ~ though, I was still firmly team Emma. Personally , I would have liked a little more resistance from a certain character, but the way things worked out was very much Emma and Connor and I’m happy that they got their HEA in the end.

I have to confess that I did not read the first two books in the series, not my norm by any means, but it happens, but I wasn’t lost at any time. The author did a great job at giving just enough background on Gabriel, Mackenzie, Archer & Selena so that I could understand the relationships and how they all interconnect. Overall, this was a fun read, even if there were moments that brought out a more volatile emotion, so if you love billionaire romances then this is the one for you.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

- Connor - 

It's all on me now. The billion-dollar company I just inherited from my late father. The public eye waiting for me to slip up. The pressure of keeping it all together. 

At least there's one bright spot in my life—my new assistant, Emma. My dream woman come to life if I didn't know better. 

It's too bad the paparazzi would have a field day if they discovered something going on between us. I can't afford for anything to jeopardize my new role as CEO of Bishop Industries. 

Even if she is temptation personified. 

- Emma - 

It was supposed to be a simple assignment. Become Connor Bishop's new assistant and convince him to buy my father's company, Montague Media. So how do I do that? By any means necessary, according to my 

dad—including seduction. Otherwise, I lose everything. 

But no one told me how hard it would be to seduce a billionaire who insists on acting like a perfect gentleman, especially when real feelings start to emerge. At what point do I stop the charade and tell him who I really am? Before or after I fall in love with him? 

Release Date: August 27th, 2021

Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * AU * CA

Allie is the author of the Suncoast University series, the Bishop Brothers series, and the Lessons Learned series. She lives in sunny Florida with her husband, daughter, and two cats. A librarian by day, she spends her nights writing happily ever afters.

Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Instagram | Amazon

Comments