Skip to main content

~**~ Release Blast for One Day Like This (Excess All Areas #1) by Scarlett Cole w/ Review ~**~

 Release Date: September 21

Matt
Loving Izabel Bryson should be the easiest thing in the world. Heck, she’s been the inspiration for at least half a dozen of the songs he’s written for his rock band, Sad Fridays.
He’s loved her for a decade.
But she’s his best friend and fellow-band mate’s little sister, and he promised a decade ago that he’d never put his hands on her.
She can never be his, no matter how much he craves her.

Izabel
Loving Matt Palmer is the most hopeless thing in the world.
The hours she spends running her friend’s yoga studio and volunteering at the Manchester homeless shelter only go so far in distracting her from the painful truth.
He doesn’t want her.
Because she screwed up that awful night two years before when she slept with Matt’s brother.
He will never be hers, no matter how much she yearns for him.

When a good deed leads to one bed, and one night of ruthless honesty, everything is laid bare. They belong together, but acting on it will cost them everything.

Grab Your Copy Here:

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Kobo | Apple | Nook | Google Play




***5 Stars***

I got all excited when it was announced that the author was working on a new series. 

Then when it was revealed it was going to be a rockstar romance, I started making grabby hands at it. Though I did have a bit of a moment of wariness when the bands dynamic was likened to that of Oasis and the brothers Gallagher (because they are kind of epic in their...relationship with each other), but I wanted to get my hands, so I prepared myself for the angst...and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. It was sweet, funny, heartbreaking and frustrating ~ sometimes all at the same time ~ and I am all in to find out just what will happen with each of the members as the series progresses.

I loved Izabel and Matt, Izabel a bit more, but still...loved them. Both haven’t had easy lives and despite the struggles that they have and are facing, they keep going and working towards their goals. Their journey to their HEA is a rocky one (HUGE understatement) but when you take all of that other stuff out of the equation, they are perfect for each other. They are each other’s rocks as well as their safe place to land. They have a head start on the “knowing each other” thing since they’ve known each other most of their lives, but the connection they have runs deeper and while there were a few frustrating moments, I loved them together and am happy that they got their HEA.

This is a great start to the series. We get to experience the ups and downs of a band at the cusp of blowing up, as well as imploding, and all the crazy and gritty things that go along with it. I will say, that if all that the term “sex, drugs and rock n roll” brings to mind, then you may have a few issues with what the boys in the band get up to and into, but it isn’t gratuitous and is necessary for their journey. As for the Sad Fridays. They all fascinate me and I enjoyed getting a taste of them all and will say that there is no clear fav amongst them because they all have their demons and can be their own worst enemies, but this doesn’t mean I don’t have a fav character. That distinction goes to Nan, who I’d love to have as my own Nan or simply as a friend.

So, bring on the rest of the series!

~ Copy provided by WFMS & voluntarily reviewed ~





Meet Scarlett Cole


The tattoo across my right hip says it all really. A Life Less Ordinary. Inked by the amazingly talented Luke Wessman at the Wooster Street Social Club (a.k.a. New York Ink). Why is it important? Well, it sums up my view on life. That we should all aspire to live a life that is less boring, less predictable. Be bold, and do something amazing. I’ve made some crazy choices. I’ve been a car maker, a consultant, and even a senior executive at a large retailer running strategy. 

Born in England, spent time in the U.S. and Japan, before ending up in Canada where I met my own, personal hero – all six and a half feet of him. Both of us are scorpios! Yeah, I know! Should have checked the astrological signs earlier, but somehow it works for us. We have two amazing kids, who I either could never part with or could easily be convinced to sell on e-bay.

 

I’ve wanted to be a writer for a really long time. Check through my office cupboards or my computer and you’ll find half written stories and character descriptions everywhere. Now I'm getting the chance to follow that dream.

 

I am represented by Beth Phelan at The Bent Agency, NY.


Connect with Scarlett Cole

Website | Newsletter | Facebook | Amazon Author Page | GoodreadsInstagram | Twitter | BookBub 



Hosted By:

Comments