Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Breaking Badger (Honey Badger Chronicles #4) by Shelly Laurenston ~**~


***5 ‘Danish’ Stars***

So. Much. Fun!

I snort laughed more while reading this baby than I have in awhile, but that really isn’t that much of a surprise because I always seem to when it comes to this author.

And I feel I need to say this before going further. When it comes to this author (no matter the name the book is under) I simply read the books for true entertainment. Meaning, it’s not about the ‘romance’ for me ~ which is definitely not standard ~ it’s more about the crazy, chaotic, OTT characters and their relationships and reactions to each other that I love because the author takes their animal natures to the extreme and I never know what will happen next

So, Finn and Mads are the two characters that get together in this one and I loved both of them. Mads is one that keeps things close to the chest that mean a lot to her, with the exception of basketball. Basketball is her lifeline. Finn is, for the most part, laid back. He has to be considering how crazy his brothers drive him, but he’s a good guy who goes with the flow, except when it comes to his father. As happens with many of the couples in this world, they just kind of end up together. There is a bit of ‘romance’ in this one mixed in with the crazy, but I had fun watching them simply fall into each other in the end.

But as always, I love the crazy that constantly exists in this world. It was a lot of fun to get to know Mads teammates: Tock, Nelle, Streep and Max, who is a MacKilligan. And where one MacKilligan sister is, the others are as well, so it was fun catching up with Ze, Charlie, Berg, Stevie and Shen and the crazy their family drama always brings. And then there is Finn’s family ~ Keane, Shay, Dale (poor dale) and Nat, along with their mother Lisa ~ who I adored. 

This one was a bit more gory than I anticipated, but it was still a lot of fun, though the blurb doesn’t totally match up with all that goes one, but I’m happy that with this new storyline, that we’ll be seeing more of this crew in the future.

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~

Description

Back with more sexy shape-shifting antics, New York Times bestselling author Shelly Laurenston's outstandingly witty, snarky, steamy, world-building Honey Badger Chronicles continue...

It's instinct that drives Finn Malone to rescue a bunch of hard battling honey badgers. The Siberian tiger shifter just can't bear to see his fellow shifters harmed. But no way can Finn have a houseful of honey badgers when he also has two brothers with no patience. Things just go from bad to worse when the badgers rudely ejected from his home turn out to be the only ones who can help him solve a family tragedy. He's just not sure he can even get back into the badgers' good graces. Since badgers lack graces of any kind...

Mads knows her teammates aren't about to forgive the cats that were so rude to them, but moody Finn isn't so bad. And he's cute! The badger part of her understands Finn's burning need to avenge his father's death--after all, vengeance is her favorite pastime. So Mads sets about helping Finn settle his family's score, which has its perks, since she gets to avoid her own family drama. Besides, fighting side by side with Finn is her kind of fun--especially when she can get in a hot and heavy snuggle with her very own growling, eye-rolling, and utterly irresistible kitty-cat... 

Release Date: August 31st, 2021 

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks | Google Play 

Originally from Long Island, New York, Shelly Laurenston has resigned herself to West Coast living which involves healthy food, mostly sunny days, and lots of guys not wearing shirts when they really should be. Shelly Laurenston is also The New York Times Bestselling author G.A. Aiken, creator of the Dragon Kin series. For more info on G.A.'s dangerously and arrogantly sexy dragons, check out her website at www.gaaiken.com

Website | Goodreads

Comments