Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: A Thousand Cuts by Anne Malcom ~**~


***5 ‘The Destruction Would Be Lovely’ Stars***

There is sooo much to say about this book...but I can’t say a word (well, I can but only so much) but the author definitely went big here. The characters are infuriating and fascinating all at the same time...and I mean ALL the characters, not just our main MC’s. And the dark in this baby made my own dark, deviant loving heart all kinds of happy and has me wanting MORE from this world...So. Much. More.

But as far as Cristian and Sienna are concerned, I adored them. Sienna is her own catch 22 ~ She’s damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t, but she also owns that strange but delightful dichotomy within herself. Cristian is full on anti-hero goodness. Cold, but hot all at the same time. Their “courtship” was definitely unique with all the push/pull going on. but at the end of the day they, strangely enough, complete each other. Not where they fully meld together ~ both are too strong for that ~ but where they can be exactly who they are meant to be and thrive. Their chemistry is intense and all kinds of panty melting HAWT and their form of bantering was quite enjoyable and in the end, I liked how everything turned out for them.

This book was a fun read. Dark, depraved at times, but fun. The twists and turns kept me on my toes, one situation in particular definitely surprised me but definitely gave more depth and understanding to the world and the characters. As for the supporting cast of characters, Felix is kind of everything. There is another who I wouldn’t mind more of, but Felix, yeah, need more.

So, if you’re in the mood for a little dark mafia romance, then this is a must click for you.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

I did not set out to be a mafia wife.

I came into this home, into this life as a hostage.

He was nothing more than my captor.

A murderer. A criminal. A monster.

Until he was more than that.

He took me as payment for a debt. Nothing more than a pawn in an intricate game of lies, manipulation and death.

He saw the darkness in me. It called to him. Just like his wretched soul called to me.

He was king of the underworld.

And he wanted me to be his queen.

But despite how much the most depraved parts of me wanted that crown, I knew I only had one option.

Take the Catalano family down.

Or die trying.

Release Date: November 25th, 2021

Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * CA * AU 

Anne Malcom  has been an avid reader since before she can remember, her mother responsible for her book addiction. It started with magical journeys into the world of Hogwarts and Middle Earth. As she grew up, her reading tastes grew with her. Her obsession with books and romance novels in particular, gave Anne the opportunity to find another passion, writing. Finding writing about alpha males and happily ever afters more fun than reading about them, Anne is not about to stop any time soon.

Comments