Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Ruined Castles (The Elite Kings Club #8) by Amo Jones ~**~


***5 ‘Madship’ Stars***

It’s going to come as no surprise to anyone that I devoured this baby in one go.

Okay, it’s more or less a novella, but still.

Devoured.

And how couldn’t I?

One. I love EKC 

Two. Madship. I mean, how could I not want to know how they broke each other and themselves, took a “break” and finally got back together again? So basically putting it down wasn’t an option.

And in the end, as much as I do love the drama and all the other chaos that surrounds EKC, I loved that it was totally paired down to Madison and Bishop and those “epiphany” moments that ended up making them stronger in the end.

And while this is very, very Madship centric, there were a few moment added in that made me very happy. And while this isn’t a good-bye to this world, it was a very fitting finale to this generation of Kings.

If you haven’t read The EKC series yet, I recommend that you do that first to get the full impact of what is served up here. And if you want to know where this falls in the series…it falls within Malum and goes all the way through Sancte Diaboli. 

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~


Nothing is going to make sense once you flip open this first chapter. You’re going to wonder why the fuck I made the decisions I did. Why he did what he did. I’m not going to make this easy for you. I’m going to guide you through loops that you’re going to wish I had just skipped, but I’m not going to do that either. You’re going to feel my pain, my loss, and my heart breaking in my chest. You’re going to watch me trip and fall, and get back up again. You’re going to wish you could slap the shit out of Bishop and me, but among all… I’m going to take you back to when I left the love of my life, and ran.

This is an open letter to you.

Good luck.

Mads

Xo 

Release Date: December 31st, 2021

Goodreads | Amazon 


Amo Jones is a small country girl totally winging this author thing (she's probably doing it all wrong). She likes cake, loves wine, and her religion is magic. She's a profound work-a-holic, but when she's not writing, you can find her chilling with her kids & partner at the nearest beach, with a cocktail in her hand. 

New Zealand is not a state of Australia and rugby is the best sport ever played. 

Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Instagram

Comments