I read this book many, many moons ago (at least in booktime) so my memory of it, even with notes, is a bit hazy, but I remember enjoying it..
So after reading it again, I’m hit with a few revelations of sorts. 1) my feelings for Jude and Gen are pretty similar to how I felt about them the first time around. 2) I ended up enjoying it just a little more because I’ve already met, and loved (Dommiel anyone?), many of the other characters in depth that populate this world so it was fun to go back and meet them for the first time..again 3) I still find the world building excellent considering how much information is thrown at the reader.
But on to Jude and Gen, as this is their beginning, I liked both of them, even as they drove me batshitcrazy in their own unique ways. Jude is protective, focused, secretive/mysterious and has been through a lot (total understatement). Gen is young, has an old soul, but can be blinded to the big picture and has an impetuous nature that gets her into trouble. As this is just the beginning of their journey, let’s just say that while I really like them together, they got lots to work on, but I’m good with where things were at the end of this chapter.
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
Genevieve Drake has never been the helpless kind of girl. Never needed a man to come to her rescue. That is, not until her twentieth birthday when some dude nearly chokes her to death in an alley and a hot stranger splits the guy in half, rips a monster from inside, and incinerates it into ash.
The hot guy? Jude Delacroix—Master of Demons. Now her guardian, whether she likes it or not. But she’s seriously beginning to like it.
The dude choking her? One of many demons from the underworld trying to abduct or kill her. As the prime target of the demon prince, Danté, who has all kinds of lascivious and sadistic plans, she has no problem accepting Jude’s protection.
Why Genevieve? She’s a Vessel, one who is born to serve the Light but can be corrupted and used as a weapon for darkness. Until that fateful night, she had no idea this world even existed. Now, she just wants to survive it.
Release Date: February 1st, 2022
JULIETTE is a multi-published author of paranormal and fantasy romance & the co-host of the podcast Smart Women Read Romance. She is represented by Rachel Brooks at BookEnds Literary Agency. She is a native of Louisiana, living in the heart of Cajun land with her husband, four kids, black lab named Kona, and kitty, Betty. When she isn’t working on her next project, she enjoys binge-watching her favorite shows with her husband and a glass (or two) of red wine.
Website | Facebook | FB Group | Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram
Comments
Post a Comment