***4 Stars***
I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised by this baby. Based on the tease we got in Player Hater, I was all kinds of geared up for some heavy drama, but while there was drama ~ hard not to have been any considering the situation ~ it wasn’t OTT in anyway, that was kinda left for another character (The OTT-ishness, not the drama) and I really enjoyed watching Jack and Penn work through their past and present to have a future together with Skipper.
I loved Jack and Penn. Jack is just a good guy. There’s an openness and an honesty to him that drew me in and a vibrancy that made me laugh, and at times roll my eyes, but mostly laugh and smile. Penn is a good person with a good heart. She’s got spirit and is stronger than she realizes. She has her faults and insecurities, but as she comes to terms with them she becomes the woman she was always meant to be.
As I said at the start, this one surprised me. I honestly thought there’d be more angst when the “Surprise! You’re a Dad” thing dropped…especially considering the amount of time that had passed, but I really liked that there wasn’t. There was hurt, confusion, a bit of anger and shame, but they both moved forward like adults, especially adults who truly did love each other once. But watching as they reconnected and started to learn each other again was a fun, sweet and smexy. Add in Skipper ~ who is a force unto herself ~ and a bit of Davis and Juliette ~ and it was a great ride and I loved how everything turned out in the end.
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
Penelope Halbrook never intended to get pregnant in college.
She thought that leaving Jackson Jennings was doing him a favor--he had a bright future ahead of him; the last thing he needed was her (and a baby) standing in his way.
She thought he would forget about her.
She thought she would never see him in person again.
How very wrong she was... about everything.
Release Date: May 3rd, 2022




Comments
Post a Comment