***5 Stars***
After reading the Klutch duet, well, after just the first book in the duet, I was all about Karson ~ sorry Jay, but it’s true ~ and I loved Stella’s girl crew and I had my toes crossed that Karson and Wren would get their own HEA because the chemistry between them was off the charts was intense even then. So, you can imagine how excited I was when this book was announced (well, after sorting through all the bookish things in my head in order to remember WHO they were) and the author did not disappoint. This baby may get intense in a brutal heart wrenching way, but it gave me all the things I was hoping for them, and few I really wished hadn’t happened to them, and had me really wishing there were more words to read because I didn’t want to say goodbye.
Karson and Wren. I adored these two. Karson is morally gray, but his sense of honor is undeniable. His cold, intimidating exterior isn’t a shield, it is just who he is, but the heart beneath it burns red hot for those he calls his own. Wren is a force. Sassy, protective, fierce. She isn’t afraid to experience much in this world, but does have a huge kevlar wall around her heart.
Their journey to their HEA is a rough one. It’s one of those that you can’t help but get lost in, even when the going gets tough ~ and boy, does it get tough. But I loved them together and couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out for them in the end.
This was an intense one. I know that’s general, but it’s fact. There are triggers and situations that may be hard for some, but it’s the journey both Karson and Wren needed to take to become more. As for the rest of the crew. It was fun to see Jay and Stella’s journey from another POV, but hanging out with Yasmin & Zoe was awesome and I do hope that these two get their own HEA’s at some point in the future.
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
“You will be loved many times by many men. But you will only ever love one man. And that man will be your destruction.”
Wren Whitney lives a remarkable life. She is a child of Beverly Hills, growing up in boarding schools, on private jets, a life of extreme wealth and privilege.
Wren Whitney lives for adventure. She is afraid of nothing. She says no to nothing. Her existence is a blur of international escapades, outrageous stories and the many men who love her.
Wren Whitney has never been in love. She has said the words many times, but she has never meant them. I love you is the only lie she’s ever told. Except when she said the words to her girlfriends, the people she most adores. But to a man? No. She will never mean those three words. Because that would be the end of the life she holds so dear.
Wren Whitney knows that the second she meets him, he will destroy her. That she will love him with everything that she is. Until her dying day. She tries to fight it, feebly. Because she is a woman who isn’t afraid of anything.
Not even him.
“He will be your sun. Your stars. Your moon. Even though this man is darkness itself. Midnight personified.”
Wren Whitney does not trouble herself by thinking about the consequences of her actions. Not considering the possibility that the events she’s put in motion have let him into her life. She never could have imagined what would happen to her. To them. How utterly ruined they will both be by their love.
Release Date: April 26th, 2022
Goodreads | Amazon US * CA * AU * UK
The Klutch Duet
Lies That Sinners Tell (The Klutch Duet #1)
Release Date: April 29th, 2021
Truths That Saints Believe (The Klutch Duet #2) by Anne Malcom
Release Date: May 13th, 2021
Anne Malcom has been an avid reader since before she can remember, her mother responsible for her book addiction. It started with magical journeys into the world of Hogwarts and Middle Earth. As she grew up, her reading tastes grew with her. Her obsession with books and romance novels in particular, gave Anne the opportunity to find another passion, writing. Finding writing about alpha males and happily ever afters more fun than reading about them, Anne is not about to stop any time soon.






Comments
Post a Comment