Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Boyfriend Material (Hawthorne University #2) by Ilsa Madden-Mills ~**~


***5 Stars***

I was excited to head back to Hawthorn U and see how everyone was doing, but whoa…things got intense in this one. Not that it was unexpected considering all that happened in Z and Sugar’s book, but still…stuff happens…but outside that stuff, Eric and Julia definitely kept me on my toes and kept me turning the pages until the very end.

Oh Julia and Eric. These two were definitely a pair. Both have the weight of the world on their shoulders and are trying to keep their heads above water in their own ways, but IMHO, one is doing a little bit better job on the inside than the other, even if the outside doesn’t always look like it. There was quite a bit of push/pull going on in their evolving relationship, but it was clear that they gave each other what they were lacking in their lives just by being who they were at their cores. The chemistry was obvious from the start and when they just went with the flow, they were a lot of fun to be around, but of course things can’t be that simple. The big ‘ole road block in their journey wasn’t a surprise, but it was still a gut punch because of how far reaching it was…at least in the beginning. But I loved how everything worked itself out for both of them in the end.

This was a great addition to the series. There are triggers, so reader beware, but those situations are balanced out with some great heart warming and silly situations between the characters. As for the secondary characters, once again Poppy and Taylor were amazing. I’d love to have them as my friends. Boone had his moments, but he’s still a sweetheart and Reece was awesome, along with Lucifer. Now the question is who is up next on the chopping block of luuuvvveee…

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~


Eric Hansen. Rich prick. Hockey star. Heartbreaker.  

Yeah, I knew the Golden Boy in prep school. Like the player he is, he took my innocence, trampled on it, then kept right on going.

Now, he’s living the popular life on campus with puck bunnies coming out of his ears. The usual.

And me? I’m the nobody, surviving in the seedy part of town as I fight to keep my head above treacherous waters.

I’ve avoided him for three years. I’ve pretended he doesn’t exist.

But he won’t leave me alone, rescuing me and trying to be my knight in shining armor.

He wants to prove he’s boyfriend material, that he's never gotten me out of his head, but it's hard to trust.

Let the games begin.

**

Filled with hockey action and unforgettable characters, this steamy romance is perfect for fans of enemies-to-lovers. Boyfriend Material is a standalone, new adult romance. It contains themes of violence and sexual situations. Please be aware of triggers.

Reading Boyfriend Material prior to Boyfriend Bargain is helpful but not necessary.

Release Date: July 25th, 2022

Goodreads | Amazon US * WW  

Comments