Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Brat Mode Activated by Remi Darling ~**~

***5 Stars***

I WANTED and NEEDED more of Grayson and Lyric after meeting them in Love, Not War anthology, and boy did I get it and I LOVED every kinky, eye rolling, heartstring pulling moment! 

This baby was everything!

So, Daddy and Princess aka Grayson and Lyric. I freakin’ adored these two. They drove me batshitcrazy at times, but I adored them. Lyric is more aware of who she is and those around her than many give her credit for, for a variety of reasons. I loved her honesty, her sass and how she owned everything she was. Grayson is a Daddy. Through and through. He is protective, dominant and has a good soul. Their journey to their HEA was one for the ages and to say the chemistry between them was insane. I will admit here that while I adored them, they both made their mistakes along the way, some more frustrating than others, but their faults/insecurities/vulnerabilities made them real and I was more than happy with how everything turned out for them in the end.

As I stated at the start. I wanted more, I voted for more and I got it in spades. The 10k novella was great as it was, but this kicked things up to where Lyric and Grayson’s story became absolutely amazing. There was kink, laughs, heart and all the feels you could want in a story. As for the supporting cast of characters, they were all well written. Callie is the obvious fav, but I’m crossing my toes that we see more of Nora down the road. As for Nicolette, well, you reap what you sow. If you’re into the whole Daddy thing already, or have been intrigued but haven’t dove into that world, I highly recommend you start here!

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~


Three words: Pink. Sparkly. Bikini.

That’s how this depraved obsession started.

I’d never once looked at Lyric as anything other than my wife’s daughter. The deepest my attention and affections ran were that of any fatherly figure. But those neglected baser needs took one look too long, and my fate was sealed—especially after the “accidental” nude debacle.

I figure ignoring her and staying as far away as possible will get my point across; we can’t happen and I can’t be attracted to her. 

It’s immoral, forbidden, wrong on so many levels.

She’s a brat, though, and goddamn does she know how to play the game. Knows how to work her way under my skin, how to push my buttons, how to taunt and tempt me toward the point of no return.

How to break me.

And eventually, it works. I snap, we collide—the perfect combination of heaven and hell.

What never should have happened quickly spirals into tabloid-gold material, a scandal waiting to happen. We’re playing one hell of a dangerous game, treading lines that could ruin us if her A-list celebrity mother uncovers our little secret.

The one thing working in our favor is we’re not the only ones masking the truth.

Lyric Taylor will be mine—mark my words. Even if I have to burn our lives to the ground to keep her.

*Note from the author: Brat Mode Activated was originally a 10k piece that released with the Love, Not War Anthology under Remi’s darker alter-ego, Dee Garcia. It has since been heavily expanded and is now a full length stand-alone. The original version of the story will still be found within the pages of this expansion with minor tweaks to fit the full story line. 𝐇𝐄𝐀 𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐝.

𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘆 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: Although this is an age-gap, step-dad romance, it contains Daddy/brat kink and BDSM themes. If this is not your usual cup of tea, proceed at your own discretion.

Release Date: August 19th, 2022

Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * CA * AU

Comments