Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Enemies with Benefits by J.D. Hollyfield ~**~


***5 Stars***

Oh. My. Head. And Eyes. And Heart.

And that’s just about Ben and Makayla...it doesn’t even include the other crazy that happens in the book (and no, I’m not just talking about Chase, Levi and Kip) there is other crazy…but, despite the whiplash (or maybe because of) I kept turning the pages and loved how everything turned out in the end.

Ben and Mak…these two drove me batshitcrazy. As much as I loved them/ended up loving them, they both annoyed the hell out of me in equal measure. Both have really good hearts and care deeply for those they call their own, but when they go at it, they go big. As teens, I tended to side with Mak, and it wasn’t because of the obvious, but as adults, they were both on the same level in a lot of ways. But, the chemistry was there and while there was a whole bunch of push/pull going on ~ and add in a bunch of outside crazy ~ they were inevitable and I’m just happy they figured it all out and got their HEA.

This baby has A LOT going on. I mean we have teen Ben & Mak. Adult (most of the time) Ben & Mak. Their crew of friends who tend to have no boundaries. And then some crazy on the side-ish drama that even I didn’t see coming. On top of that there is a situation brought up that will cause triggers for some, but does play a role in Ben & Mak’s journey…so reader beware. But, all in all, this was a fun read: the snark, the wit, the heart, the heat...it’s all kinds of goodness for those who love a good enemies to lovers read.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

Ben

Love? Yeah, hard pass.

It has the power to take everything from you—even yourself. It’s why I stay clear.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m a big fan of insta-lust. The kind that only lasts as long as the heat does. Come morning? It’s a whole new day. That’s why, when I meet the perfect girl at a wedding, I know, for the next couple of hours, I’m going to love every little succulent inch of her.

That’s until she tricks me, leaving me high and dry, literally.

It’s now my mission to find out who she is.

Makayla

My life couldn’t be going any worse. Falling apart would put it mildly. Comparing it to a dumpster fire sounds more accurate. And now, I’m being forced to move back home, a place I swore I would never return to.

When the one person I’ve spent my entire life hating walks back into my life, it finally pushes me over the edge.

He’s still so arrogant. So full of himself. And still has a way of lighting a fire inside me.

I need to stop looking at him the way he’s looking at me.

But everything will go up in flames once he finds out who I am.

Release Date: August 29th, 2022

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks 

Comments