Where do I begin?
I’ve tried a couple of times to start this review, but nothing seems to work, but it seems that the third times a charm because I freakin’ LOVED this book! It had me all kinds of melty in all the best ways, even when I was growling in frustration over what Elden and Violet put themselves, and each other, through. This book gave me everything my romance/book heart loves and then some and has me needing more!
I adored Elden and Violet. Adored. Elden, for all his broody, non-smiling alpha-ness has such a good heart and is loyal to his last breath. Violet is all kinds of feisty and I loved how honest she was about herself, even if it was only to herself. They both have their demons, but they’d do anything to protect those they love. Their journey is all kinds of push/pull panty melting heart swooning goodness. There is a bit of growly frustration as well, since they have lots to work through, and boy do they go through it, and with each step it becomes more and more obvious that they fit in all ways. So it was all worth it to see them get an HEA neither saw coming.
This was a great read. There are triggers and a few things I definitely didn’t see coming, but a great read. I loved seeing how Kate and Swiss were doing in their relationship and just hanging out with the SoT crew in general and getting to know them all better. As for some newbies to the series, I’m hoping we get to hang out with Henri and Ollie more, but Sariah was kind of everything and then some, so bring on the next book!
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
The good girl falls for the bad boy.
Can we name a bigger, or better cliché?
Despite my ideas about the deep misogyny associated with this particular one, I’ve somehow found myself in the middle of it.
Except, I’m not the good girl. I’m exceptional at playing that role. But I’m not. My secrets make sure of that.
And he’s not a boy. He’s a man. Older than me by decades. An outlaw. A villain.
A member of one of the most notorious MCs in the country. The Sons of Templar.
More importantly, my stepfather is one of his brothers. That means I’m off limits.
He’s off limits.
But that doesn’t stop us. Nothing will. Not until there’s nothing left but the charred remains of the lives we once knew.
Release Date: October 7th, 2022




Comments
Post a Comment