Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: A Forest Between Us (Crescent Pass #1) by Allie Winters ~**~



***5 Stars***

This was a fun, sweet, smexy and at times frustrating small town, opposites attract romance. The characters were all well written and I really didn’t want to say good-bye when there were no more words to read.

Owen and Harper. I gotta say, I loved Owen. He’s a bit of a recluse and definitely doesn’t like anyone nosing about in his business, but the man has a heart of gold. Harper is feisty. She speaks her mind, is open to trying new things and is driven and has that “thing” about her that draws people to her in any situation. 

Their journey is definitely a unique one and I will readily admit to saying “Seriously?!?” when it came to the whole Vegas marriage/annulment situation, because on one side of the situation, I totally got it, the other side…ehhh…it took a minute to realize that yes, that could happen. But once I moved past that issue, I really loved watching Owen and Harper fall for each other. They are opposite in so many ways, but they fit. They had chemistry and flow, even when things were awkward, and showed just how good they could be together if they would only let themselves.

As I said before, this was a fun read. The small town, everyone is all up in everyone else’s business vibe was strong and the town was filled with great characters. And speaking of characters, I don’t have a fav amongst the residents of Crescent pass, but Cheryl is a hoot and I really liked Kristen and Abby and Duke was a sweetheart and I cannot wait to go back and watch as the next one falls to Cupid’s arrow.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

- Owen -

Harper Calloway is the one who got away.

Gorgeous. Vivacious. Witty. Everything my introverted self could never be. And though that single night five years ago is all I had with her, there’s no forgetting the girl who steals your heart.

So when the woman in question shows up on my doorstep demanding an annulment for a drunken Vegas wedding I don’t fully remember, it seems like a sign. A second chance to make good on that connection I’ve never felt with anyone else.

Except she doesn’t have any interest in reconnecting, even as things between us heat up the longer she stays in town. What will it take to convince her I want forever?

- Harper -

Owen Taylor is not who I expected.

Protective. Thoughtful. Humble. And the sexy lumberjack vibe he’s got going on? Who knew I was such a sucker for that?

I didn’t come to Crescent Pass to start anything up. My life is in Chicago, not the forests of the Pacific Northwest. But the longer I stay here waiting for an annulment, the harder it is to resist this rugged mountain man who shows me for the first time what it’s like to be understood. Cherished. Worshipped.

We both knew from the beginning this couldn’t last. So why has he gone and stolen my heart? 

Release Date: November 16th, 2022

Goodreads | Amazon

Comments