Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Wicked by Amo Jones ~**~



***5 Stars***

After reading quite a few of the author’s books, I have to admit that a good portion of my enjoyment of her stories is the whiplash she puts my mind through with all the crazy twists and turns she comes up with. Nothing, and no one, is truly what they appear to be and I find it absolutely fascinating.

With that said, this baby is FILLED will twists and turns and as this is a spoiler free review, it means I can only say so much…which is really not much at all..but as for Ruby and Wicked. Ruby is that strange mix of fierce, feisty and a little scary, but also…naive or at least blind when it comes to certain people and situations ~ understandable considering who her family is. Wicked is all kinds of protective alpha male, he doesn’t like to show it and at times it is extreme, but he cares even when he doesn’t want to. To say that these two are explosive together is an understatement and they take the saying “A fine line between love and hate” to the extreme, but they speak to each other's darkness and understand each other more than anyone else could.

I learned after reading my first book by the author that I had to truly get lost in her words and simply suspend reality until there were no more words to read and it served me well while reading Wicked. There were many times when I “thought” I had a handle on the things and then the rug was pulled out from under me, but I will say that even with all the crazy, everything made sense in the end. As for the secondary set of characters, it was fun to catch up with the members of the Wolf Pack MC and I’m happy that most of the people I liked weren’t killed or worse. As always, the list of characters I hope get their own books in the future has grown, so toes crossed it happens one day.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~



I remember the day he walked through our front door, bloodied and broken with the kind of torment that breeds, but never dies. Papa had one rule for him. Stay away from his daughter.

He didn’t.

Years later, he crashes back into my life and tears down all of the walls I built up around myself. We’re both hiding secrets, but when the mafia world collides with the MC world, the shrapnel could destroy everyone around us.

Now the president of the Chicago chapter, not even I was prepared for his return. He's going to see that I’m no longer the precious princess of the Cosa Nostra, and I won’t play his games anymore.

He’ll play mine.

This is a story about two souls destined to be together, but who are trapped in bodies that hate each other. It’s what happens when you both let love kill you.

Release Date: November 7th, 2022

Goodreads | Amazon

Comments