***5 Stars***
After meeting Afric in Something in the Air, I knew I wanted to know more about the gamer girl and was very happy when the author decided to release chapters of Afric and Neil’s journey in her newsletter. But I was ecstatic when the announcement of their book happened, and I was not disappointed. This was a great opposites attract slow burn read. It was funny, sweet, heart warming, frustrating and all kinds of hawt, with just enough drama to keep me turning the pages until the very end.
I adored Neil and Afric. I’ll admit that I was all too sure how much I would like Neil because he tends to be a bit stiff and controlled with his emotions and how he perceives the world but getting to find out the why behind his actions and thoughts had me loving the man. Afric has no edit button. She lets her personality shine, even when it may come across as abrasive to others, but I loved how well she knew herself and owned it all.
With their personalities at opposite ends of the spectrum, it wasn’t a surprise that their relationship started off on the wrong foot, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching as they slowly became friends and so much more. Their bantering was a lot of fun and I just really liked how they they ended up finding comfort and strength in each other.
This really was a fun read. I loved getting to catch up with the Running on Air crew and seeing them through Neil’s eyes. As for the catfishing situation...I liked how it didn’t overtake Neil and Afric’s journey, but instead helped push their relationship along. And as for the new characters we meet, I loved Rosie and Phil and hope to see them again in some capacity as well as Adam and Winona, and of course there is Isaac, who I am hoping will get his own HEA at some point down the road. But all in all, if you like opposites attract romances, then pick this baby up!
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
Being an avid online gamer, Afric O’ Connor loves a challenge. Helping Neil Durant reveal himself to the girl he’s been catfishing makes for the perfect sidequest. Besides, it’s not like she isn’t getting something in return. Neil has a head for numbers and Afric’s finances are a mess. It’s the perfect exchange. She assists him with his love life, and he sorts out her accounts.
As they spend more time together, the arrangement becomes less simple. Afric soon realises that the girl Neil’s been trying so hard to win over might not deserve him. And the buttoned up, bespectacled personal assistant she once considered a sidequest has somehow become her main objective.
Release Date: August 3rd, 2021
Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * WW
Hearts on Air (Hearts #6/Trevor & Reya)
Release Date: June 8th, 2017
Air Kiss (Running on Air #0.5/Callum & Leanne)
Release Date: February 6th, 2019
Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * DE
Off the Air (Running on Air #1/Callum & Leanne)
Release Date: March 5th, 2019
Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * DE * AU * CA
Something in the Air (Running on Air #2/James & Michaela)
Release Date: January 30th, 2020
Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * DE * FR * AU * CA
L.H. Cosway lives in Dublin, Ireland. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books. She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories. L.H. is represented by Louise Fury at The Bent Agency.
Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram | Pintrest






Comments
Post a Comment